Tuesday 14 January 2014

DRUGSTORE COLOUR COMBO

Recently there have been two colours dominating my makeup bag. Plum and rose gold. The Christmas colour combo has carried its way into the New Year and I'm slightly obsessed!...I might aswell cram as much wear in before Spring comes along in all it's pastel glory! 


(From left to right)
MUA pink shimmerkisses blush quad
Max Factor Glossfinity nails in 60 Midnight Bronze
Barry M Lip paint in 156 Vicious Violet
Sleek blusher in Rose Gold 926
Maybelline Colour Show nail varnish in Burgundy Kiss
Barry M Lip Lacquer Crayon in No 4 Party Pink
Imperial leather Ltd Ed Spellbinding shower creme in Nightblooming Jasmine and Cotton Milk

                                       

The two Barry M Lip products are highly pigmented and after a night out even after taking my makeup off, stain my lips a flush of pink. Party pink is my favourite as it's glittery but not bitty and very girly. 

                                         

L to R: Sleek Rose Gold, MUA Quad

I am in LOVE with the sleek blush it's super shimmery and adds a gorgeous glow. I like to blend it with my blusher in the day and wear it alone at night. The colour is spot on and rose gold describes it perfectly. The MUA quad is great as a highlighter and mixed together really brightens up the face although I feel it's nowhere near as pigmented which you would expect from the price.

                                              

Both of these nail varnishes have made a home in my most worn list for winter, especially the Maxfactor Midnight Bronze which I have enjoyed wearing on my ring finger together with a pick of one of my nude nail varnishes on the rest of my nails. 

One final quick mention for the spellbinding shower creme, of course the rich plum colour stood out but I thought the packaging was so cute and magical and of course smells lovely!  It made a welcome change from the fruity scents I normally opt for.















No comments:

Post a Comment